Chalk Painting Experience - Bring Your Own Piece
Bring your own piece of furniture to my garage workshop, and let’s paint it together! Whatever you need to transform, let’s give it a makeover!
A little about your host:
Hello, I’m Miss Julia, and I would be delighted to introduce you to the art of chalk-painting. I have been chalk-painting furniture for over 6 years, have refurbished and sold dozens of pieces, and would love to share what I’ve learned with you.
Chalk Paint is a matte, textured (chalky!) paint which bonds easily to many surfaces and covers beautifully, making it ideal for painting wooden furniture. Chalk paint must be waxed to seal the surface, as it is water-soluble, and can be distressed for a rustic/antique look if desired. You can also “gild” any details you want to highlight with gold or silver wax.
I teach these classes from my home, in my garage studio. It does not have air conditioning, only fans, so during the summer the classes have to be held in the early mornings to avoid the heat of the day. On the plus side, chalk paint dries quickly in warmer temperatures. In the wintertime, classes are held mid-day and I run small heaters to keep it cozier.
– Class Day and Time: Thursdays and Saturdays at 7:30-9:00am – if you need a different day and time, please message me.
– Class Location: Thomas Crossroads, Newnan, GA (exact address sent after booking)
– Class size: 5 people max. Bring 1 friend for 10% off for both of you!
– Price: Please see the pricing tiers. If the piece of furniture you want to paint is not listed, please message me for custom pricing.
– Age: This class is for anyone over 8 years old
– Note: Wear comfortable clothing that you don’t mind dripping paint on!
Supplies: Unless you plan to procure your own supplies before the class, please select and pay for the required supplies.
Optional Supplies: If you want to add gold or silver gilding to your project, please select that option when booking.
Provided: Wax buffing cloths to use in class are provided. Bottled water and snacks also provided! Please alert me to any dietary restrictions before the class.
Please message me with any questions before booking, I am glad to answer.
I took the chalk paint class and loved it! Julia is amazing and I highly recommend any of her classes! I learned a lot from her and she makes it so easy and fun!